Empty The Bucket
Purpose of the Drill:
This drill helps players improve their ball control, speed of ball movement and fitness.
How it Works:
- Split your players up into two or more teams of even numbers.
- Set up ‘buckets’ in the middle of the circuit. The circuit length will depend on how far you would like your players to move and control the ball.
- Start with the same amount of balls inside each team’s bucket.
- On the starting whistle, one player from each group runs to their bucket.
- They then gather a ball and move it to behind the end cones at the opposite end of the circuit.
- Once that player places the ball in position, a player from that end of the circuit runs to the bucket, collects a ball and moves it to behind the end cones.
- This continues until all the balls have been removed from the bucket and placed behind the end cones.
- The first team to empty their bucket wins.
- Ball movement can be whatever you choose it to be for your chosen sport, ie dribbling, bouncing, carrying, etc.
- Combine the drill with ‘Empty The Bucket’ for a complete circuit.
- Mix the drill up by adding obstacles in between the end cones and the buckets.