Purpose of the Drill:
This is a simple skill drill that helps players improve their passing precision.
How it Works:
- Set up a series of cones or poles as shown.
- Working in pairs, one player (A) starts inside the cones with the a ball.
- The other player (B) starts on the outside.
- Player B then moves to a position that has a clear line of sight through the cones to Player A.
- Player A then passes the ball to Player B ensuring they do not hit the cones or poles with the ball.
- Player B returns the ball and then moves to a different location, and the drill repeats.
- Continue this for a certain number of passes or set time limit and then swap roles.
- Add or subtract more cones/poles to adjust the difficulty of the drill.
- As players improve encourage Player A to pass to Player B whilst Player B is on the move.
- Work through this drill a number of times using opposite hand/feet, and change types of passes (ie bounce pass, etc).
- Advance the drill by making Player A move position in-between passes. For example, when Player B is moving to position, Player A must touch a cone behind them before making the next pass. This will help Player A improve their footwork and balance required for passing.